Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Char-grilled sirloin steak with peppercorn and whiskey sauce and crispy potato and gruyere dominoes

So this was the recipe I tried out most recently from the current Donna Hay magazine.  Not much to be said - I didn't like the sauce.  To be honest I'm not much of a sauce person when it comes to steak - I much prefer to just taste the flavour of the meat.  The sauce had an odd flavour to it.  The crispy potato and gruyere dominoes were really nice and I would definitely make them again.  I added more cheese than the recipe said but not too much more.  I won't even bother putting down the recipe for the sauce as I would never make it again but here is the recipe for the potatoes which are nice and easy to do and something a bit different.

Crispy Potato and Gruyere Dominoes

1kg large starchy potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
50g unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup finely grated gruyere
sea salt flakes

Preparation

Preheat oven to 200degrees.  Cut the potato slices into 8cm x 5cm rectangles.  Place in a large bown with the butter, cheese and salt and toss to combine.  Place potato slices, overlapping by 1cm, on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.  Repeat with the remaining potato.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment